175-EX Xpandr™ Swaging/Expanding Kit
• Easily expands tube for braze or soldered joints in seconds.
• Floating jaw head design is self-centering for fast, accurate alignment.
• Re-rounds deformed tube ends.
• Accurate joints in seconds without using fittings.
• For soft copper and soft thin wall steel and stainless steel tubing.
• Save 60-70% of time over conventional swaging tools.
• Reduces soldering by 50% over standard fittings.
• Meets ARI tube insertion recommendations.
• Long life with high alloy hardened steel jaw segments.
• XpandR™ Tool comes with non-slip, ergonomically designed grips.
• Includes 5 heads: 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”, 3/4” and 7/8”.
• Includes metal tool case.
SIX EASY STEPS:
1. Deburr inside of tube.
2. To create perfectly centered capillary sockets for soldering or brazing, you must use soft copper or fully anneal end of tube to be expanded.
3. Pull XpandR™ handle up to 90-degree position. Maintain this position as you screw the appropriate size head over the center-punch and tighten.
4. Insert the end of the tube over the XpandR™ head completely.
5. Pull the lever completely down.
6. Return the lever to the 90-degree position. Remove expanded tube.
TO RE-ROUND SLIGHTLY DEFORMED TUBE ENDS:
1. Insert deformed tube end to the first groove of head.
2. Pull the lever completely down.
3. Return the lever to the 90-degree position. Remove expanded tube.